2012 m. gegužės 13 d., sekmadienis

SELF-ASSESSMENT


Semester is coming to an end and it is very interesting and important to think about tasks done during the ESP course and evaluate my own achievements.
The most difficult task for me was the ESP definitions tests. Despite the fact that all themes were familiar from the Introduction to psychology course we had first semester, notions and definitions in English were not so easy to understand and remember. I was not very happy about my performance in definitions tests and I think I could do better.
Moodle tests and online exercises from Feldman’s course book helped a lot to remember definitions, pay attention to most important points and were useful for the revision of the different topics.
Online listening practice and traditional listening themes were interesting and relevant to our profession but always presenting some different or unusual approach. These tasks were not difficult to me and always useful for extending vocabulary.
Power point presentation and short talks were the tasks which required not only knowledge and understanding of the subject but some creativity as well. It was a challenge to present information in the way it would be interesting for others too. I enjoyed doing both tasks and I guess my presentation and short talks were interested for classmates.
Speaking impromptu was my favorite practice as I really like to speak English. It was always very interesting to discuss with classmates about different issues and hear opinion of the others. And I think this task was very useful as trying to express your own opinion and thoughts helps to feel language and find the way to use all your verbal resources and abilities.
In summary, I would like to say that I can already understand benefit of the ESP course as almost all textbooks for my psychology studies are in English and only few are translated into Lithuanian so it means I have to read a lot specific texts in English and knowledge I have got during ESP course helps me a lot already. Despite that I still have a lot of things to learn I am satisfied with my progress and I feel like I did my best during the semester of ESP course.

Picture reference:

Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą